Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fingers crossed for snow in Queesntown over the weekend

We are still waiting for the magic white stuff arrive in Queenstown. Even the snow making machines have been feeling a little redundant over the last weeks as the temps have just not been cold enough very often to crank out the goodness. Lots of temp inversion......cold air trapped in the valleys and warm air up high. It may be about to change over the weekend with a warm wet storm coming in from the north and colliding with a cold southerly airstream that luck is going to produce what we desperately need......snow. I' m not really much of a betting man but if I had to put a wager on it we will be making turns on snow on Monday here in Queenstown!! Big call but optimism reigns in my world.

Just picked up my new ride for this winter, a set of Salomon Tornado Ti. They look fantastic and I hope my comments above prove correct so I can get ripping them soon. Check out out head into any good sports shop but particularly R&R sports in Queenstown.

No comments:

Post a Comment