Wednesday, June 25, 2008

10 more fresh



10 cms of fresh fell yesterday afternoon so Coronet Peak is starting to look really good again. We should probably get some more natural on Friday (2moro)and the snow making is continuing. Compare todays photo with yesterdays and you will see a difference! I am sure there have been plenty of people having a great time already up there while I sit here writing my blog and can see the Peak out the window - ahh bugger!

My Rossignol Z10's (170cms)arrived and they do look like a wicked ski (see photo). They have an intergrated ski/binding system that is incredibly easy to set to the the boot size required and the binding din has plenty of room to move with minimum being 3.5 and maximum being 12 so this range caters to most skiers. The ski binding has a changable arm setting that comes out along the ski towards both the tip and the tail of each ski - by putting different lengths/stiffness levels on allows you to change the radius the ski will do. The tip measures 127, waist 75, and tail 108 so it has plenty of side cut to ski hard piste yet keeping plenty of underfoot to ride well off piste.

The Z10's will feel the snow under my feet for the first time on Saturday - I am going with the factory tune as it apparently is very good (looks good too) and we will start to put them to the test. I am pretty excited to ski them - if they ski as well as they have been constructed and look I imagine I will be a pretty happy fella.

If you are going to be at Coronet Peak and need to get up to speed and really start enjoying your time on snow come have a lesson with me - ask for me by name at the Coronet Peak Snowsports School. If you want to try some Rossignol Z10's check out the R&R Sports ski and snowboard demo center which will be on Coronet Peak on Wednesdays and Sundays and they have a great range of Rossignol gear to try out. Alternatively pop into the Rand R Sports shop on Shotover Street in Queenstown and have a chat to them - trust me they will look after you very well.

CU up the peak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment